Thursday, March 25, 2010

Out of the Fog

Last night Hubby said, "You really need to update your blog! You sounded so despondent in your last post, and things are much better now!" And indeed, he was right. We persisted in potty training O, and I'm so glad we did. We made steady progress from that point forward, and this week has been completely different from last week. O's had 2 days in a row without any accidents at all, he's stayed dry through the night, and is now the one initiating trips to the potty. I'm sure we'll have some missteps along the way, but for now, things are great!

But while now I am bursting with pride and success, my last post was an accurate snippet of how I was feeling just a few days ago. Parenting is hard, and can easily make one full of self doubt. And I'm sure there will be many more times that I am convinced that I am doing everything wrong. Some days just feel like I'm walking through a cloud of fog, desperately trying to make it to the other side, even though I'm not sure what awaits me because I can't see that far ahead. I keep pushing forward, hoping that I haven't gotten turned around. That I haven't lost my way. That I'm not just wandering aimlessly in circles. Because I have two kids holding onto my hands and following my lead. So I can't screw it up.

I can only hope that in the end, we all get to where we want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment