Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"Because I'm hungry!"

When I was growing up, my family always celebrated birthdays by having cake for breakfast. This started because it was often the only time of day that the whole family was together, but I loved it because it lent a festive atmosphere to the whole day. You have to be in a good mood at school when your belly is full of cake!

I've continued this tradition with the boys and it's still the highlight of any birthday around here. But sometimes, rather than making the morning joyful, the anticipation becomes too much and things fall apart. Hubby's birthday turned out that way this year. From the minute O woke up, he started whining that he wanted cake. And whining...and whining...and whining...until abruptly things were silent. Apparently the rest of us were taking too long to get ready, because when I went downstairs to investigate the sudden quiet, I found this...

Yup, that's a palm print...


O had managed to remove the locking cake cover and had happily dug his fingers right into the cake.

When I saw his chocolate covered face, I couldn't help but shriek "O!!!  THAT'S DADDY'S CAKE!! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?!"

"BECAUSE I'M HUNGRY!!!!" he wailed back.

He's never been more lucky that he's so cute...

1 comment: