Monday, June 4, 2012

Adventures and Summer Book Challenge

There's only two weeks of school left which means summer is just around the corner. The big boys will go to a couple of weeks of 1/2 day camp, but otherwise our summer is pretty wide open. I'm hoping to have a good mix of lazy days and day trips. For the last few years we've had fun making a list of possible summer adventures and then crossing them off once the mission is accomplished. I might have forgotten to make a list this year, but C was quick to remind me a few days ago. Here's our preliminary list of possibilities for Summer 2012...


2012 Summer Adventures List

  1. Art Museum
  2. Children's museum
  3. Visit Gramma & Grampa
  4. Visit Auntie A
  5. Go to the Farm
  6. Zoo
  7. Beach
  8. Swimming at the Pond
  9. Bowling
  10. Mini Golf
  11. Strawberry Picking
  12. Blueberry Picking
  13. Woods Treasure/Scavenger Hunt
  14. Go for a Hike
  15. Visit local Sculpture Park
  16. Have a picnic
  17. Bike Ride
  18. Science Museum
I've also always equated the lazy days of summer with long hours of reading. I will probably never actually get to read for hours, but I do want to read more, even if it's in little snippets here and there. So I'm going to challenge myself to read more again. I really enjoyed reading 50 books in 2010. 2011 was a wash in terms of reading--Baby A drained pretty much all of my energy and motivation! But now that it's halfway through 2012, maybe I can get back into it again. 25 books seems too daunting though, so...I'm challenging myself to read and blog about 10 books this summer!
Let's see if I've done it by the time school starts in September!! Anyone else want to join me in a back to the books challenge?

What are you up to this summer? I'd welcome any suggestions for reading or adventures!!

q

1 comment:

  1. You are so good. Such a neat idea to make a list. Maybe we should do that!
    And ten books! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete