Thursday, February 28, 2013

Resolution Update #2

How did this month go? February wasn't the greatest month for my resolutions, but I did make progress in a few areas.

1) Lose the 15-20 lbs of baby weight that refuse to disappear nicely on their own! 
The scale still isn't showing much progress, but I did meet with the personal trainer at the gym and she gave me some ideas of a few circuits I could do for strength training and toning both in the gym and at home. I'm aiming to get to the gym 3-4 times a week, and did so this past week. Hopefully by the March update, I'll finally see some progress here! I ordered my bridesmaids dress for SIL's wedding, so now it's on...

2)  Read 25 books.

I only read two books this month, and one was a book that I started last year but never got around to finishing until now. I will still count it though. Sick kids and school vacation did a number on my reading time, so I'm glad I at least read something. And with 7 books in 2 months, I should still be able to meet my goal of 25 books this year.

6. The Beggar King: A Hangman's Daughter Tale by Oliver Potsch
The latest in the Hangman's Daughter series, and the followup to the book I read last month. I still enjoyed all the characters and appreciated the change of scenery from the small town of Schongau to the big city of Regensburg. I look forward to what happens next in this series. Again, the author's notes at the end of the book about the true history and descriptions of all of these German locations was as interesting as the story itself.

7. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
The third book in a series about a time traveling nurse Claire and her Scottish Highlander beau Jamie. I really enjoyed the characters developed in the first book Outlander, but found this one harder to stay with. Part of that may be due to the fact that I didn't get to finish this book in a timely fashion, but I'm not sure I'm invested in the series enough to read book 4. 

3) Explore a new hobby and take more pictures. 
I've been having fun playing around with my new 50mm 1.8 camera lens and have been taking a lot of pictures with that. Mostly of Baby A since he is the most convenient subject! On the recommendation of a couple of friends, I also joined ClickinMoms, a website for moms who love photography, both amateur and professional. I hope I'll be able to learn a lot more through their forums, and maybe even a beginner course.

 4) Blog more.
This month I wrote 3 posts (including this one).  Here's where I really fell off...Hope March brings more time to think and write!

No comments:

Post a Comment