Thursday, November 21, 2013

"I no idea !"

I'm desperately trying to hang onto Baby A's daily nap, but as he is getting closer and closer to 3, he is only napping about half the time. Today I put him up in his crib and he never fell asleep. Instead, I could hear him singing and talking to himself. When it became clear that he was not going to fall asleep anytime soon, I went to get him out. I walked into the room to see him standing up in his crib with both arms straight out in front of him.

Baby A: "This hand is not talking to this hand!" (gesturing wildly with his arms).

Me: "What?"

Baby A: "This hand" (holding up his left hand) "is not talking to this hand!" (holding up his right hand).

Me: "Oh. Why not?"

Baby A: "This hand is Percy." (gesturing with his left hand).  "And this hand is Thomas." (gesturing with his right hand).

Me: "OK...but why aren't they talking to each other?"

Baby A: "I no idea!"

Me: "What do you mean? How come Percy isn't talking to Thomas?"

Baby A: "I no idea!"

Me: "But aren't you in charge of your own hands?"

Baby A: "Yes, I in charge of my hands!"

Me: "So then why aren't they talking to each other?!"

Baby A: "I no idea!"

Interesting to see a little window into what's going on in his head.  I have no idea either!


No comments:

Post a Comment