Friday, April 2, 2010

Who IS the Easter Bunny?

A conversation in the car, on the way to get egg dyeing materials...

O: "I love Easter Eggs! I want to have an Egg Hunt!"
Me: "Well, maybe the Easter Bunny will leave you some eggs to find."
O: "The Easter Bunny? Who is the Easter Bunny?"
Me: (hmmm...I guess he doesn't remember last year...he was only 2...) "You know...the Easter Bunny! The one who brings Easter baskets with candy to all the good little boys."
O: "But...who IS the Easter Bunny?"
Me: "Ummm....I don't know. But he's magic! Like Santa."
O: "Oh. But is he a guy? Or a bunny?"
Me: "He's a bunny. But a magic bunny."
O: "Maybe he turns into a magic guy...or...maybe he turns into A MAGIC RACE CAR!!!!"
Me: "Um...maybe? I don't know. I think he is just a bunny."
O: "Oh...(long sad sigh)...Or a magic tow truck??"
Me: "Sure!  I don't know how the magic works."
O: "Well, I love that Easter Bunny!"
Me: "You do?"
O: "Yeah, I'm going to give him a big hug!"
 

Lucky bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment