Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Birthday Deep Thoughts

The night before...

Hubby: "Where should we go for Mommy's birthday?"
C: "Well, we have to go to my soccer, and then how about we just come home."
Hubby: "Don't you think we should go out and do something else for Mommy's birthday?"
C: "OK, fine...(sigh)...How about Disney World?"

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!! Too bad we don't live anywhere near there!


*         *         *

6:22 AM on the big day...

O: "Happy Birthday Mommy!"
Me: "Thanks..."
O: "What?"
Me: "(Yawn) Uh, Mommy kind of wanted to sleep later on her birthday."
O: "But.......No."

*          *          *

Well Hubby came through (as he does every year) and helped the boys make me a delicious cake. C gave him specific instructions and an illustration to make sure the heart cake came out exactly right.


 
I  think Hubby captured C's vision quite well.

*         *          *
The boys were very excited to give me my present...something that may just help me achieve this 50 books a year challenge! We'll see...


I chose Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue as my first e-read. So far so good! Now if only the boys would stop climbing all over me to push the buttons, I might make some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment