Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Get out the vote!

Today O and I braved the rapidly falling snow and headed to the polls after dropping C off at school. Despite the eyerolls I draw from poll workers and other voters when they see me arrive with two rambunctious boys, I have always taken C & O with me to vote. I think it's important for them to learn at a young age that they can and should be a part of our country's political process. When I was a child, I was always so excited to go to the polls with my mom on election day and I want my boys to have the same enthusiasm! As immigrants, gaining citizenship and the right to vote in this country was so important to my parents, and they never wanted me to take that birthright for granted.

Now I'm feeling a bit guilty that I went to vote while C was in school, because it was just easier to go with only one child! Hopefully Hubby can take C with him when he goes to vote after work!

No comments:

Post a Comment